Monday, January 17, 2011

Movies by Memory

I recently moved back home with my parents (that's right, 24 and living with my parents) and reorganized my childhood room... There are a few things that you should know about me... I am a bit of a hoarder and I can be, at times, childish.

I found this awesome box.


And do you want to know what is in it?


Yes, every movie ticket that I can remember buying.  I am a hoarder.

And now it is time for.... (drum roll please)... Movie Reviews by Memory! Memory! Memory! (that was an echo)


Disturbia starring Shia LeBouf.  That I apparently didn't have to pay to see.  And I was late for... oh movie ticket, you are sharing so much about me right now!

In Disturbia Shia plays some high schooler who gets put on house arrest because he misbehaved in school or something... which seems a little harsh, but he lives in the suburbs where gang involvement is a big issue so they can't be too careful!  While at home he gets board and makes a tower made of twinkies, stalks his attractive neighbor, has an Asian friend with an awesome ring tone, and starts stalking his less attractive neighbor who be believes to be a murderer.  Things happen, funny and otherwise, and in the end the neighbor is a murderer.

I remember I went to see this movie because I have a "thing" for Shia LeBouf.  Which goes against every crush standard that I have ever set for myself - which is actually only one - to be able to pronounce said crush's last name... seriously, how do you say that? Le-buff? Le-Boof? No one knows! Anyway, he did a good job, and I do actually think that Shia is a good actor. 

 My reservations about this movie come from the message it sends that spying on your neighbor if you think that they might be a serial killer is okay.  Because it is not.  I learned that lesson when I was 11 and had the cops called on me while I was playing detective sneaking around neighbor's houses and looking in windows for clues of their deviant lives.  Just like Shia, I had suspicions about my possible murderous neighbors - however, I got in trouble for my investigations and he got rewarded!  And I didn't even have any priors from acting out in school!  Psshh... movies can be so unrealistic sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment